View Single Post

Old 11-05-2017, 09:24 PM
russellh russellh is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

russellh is on a distinguished road
Default Can You Really Use To Do Lists in One Note

The idea of a good to do list is to have items that are marked completed to disappear or auto not show in the list.
Otherwise if you use the traditional checkbox next to each item it wouldn't take long to end up with an infinite growing list with checked check boxes.
I'm trying to cut down on tools I use to keep track of everything. I'm digging using onenote for several months now for everything but to-do lists because of this issue.

I googled around for some posts but there isn't much out there that isn't a couple of years old. I'm actually using the new win10 one note app rather than the one that came with my office 365 for a few different reasons. I'll do some flip flopping for a bit to determine which I like the feel for the most.

Am I better off with multi-tools such as Wunderlist or M-Soft's "To Do"? Be nice if that was the case that they would integrate with one note. Now with quick notes (no more sticky notes) I just can't stop using it for all my note taking. There are very few times when my Iphone 7 Plus, Ipad Pro, or Surface book Pro isn't there to capture all my notes.

What are my options? Is it possible with out a lot of constant filter settings?