View Single Post

Old 10-25-2017, 02:47 PM
RussellLongshore RussellLongshore is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

RussellLongshore is on a distinguished road
Question Purchasing Project and Office 365

I am contemplating using Microsoft Project to get a better handle on scheduling and available resources within the company I work for. I have a couple of questions that I am hoping the community can respond to for me. In looking at the information on the Microsoft website for Project, it looks like the software comes in a few versions. I am undecided as to whether to purchase a full license that is mine forever or to buy the monthly online version of the software.
My first question is that if I were to purchase the online version, it looks as if I would also be required to purchase Office 365. Is Office 365 a required component to get Microsoft Project Online to function properly or is this just a method used by Microsoft to get people to buy Office 365? In other words, can I install Project without installing Office 365?
My second question pertains to how Project works. If I were to have a schedule that needed a certain task completed by a date (which I would enter into the schedule...(different dates for all of our different projects) would the software be able to send up a flag or send me an email if that task had not happened by that date?
Thank you in advance for responding.