Thread: [Solved] Multiple Files - Printing
View Single Post

Old 10-05-2017, 05:24 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

What I said you should do is to save the document with the macro to the same folder as the original Word documents; there is no need to move any of them to another folder. Only the Excel file (named 'ProjectDataFile.xlsx') needs to be in the output folder. Once the macro has been run, the output folder (i.e. the folder containing the Excel data file) will contain the merged versions of the original Word documents. Those files won't contain any merge links to any Excel file or other copies of your mailmerge main documents.

Please confirm that you're able to get the results as described when you implement the process as specified.

Yes, I can re-write the macro to work with sub-folders, but it would have been helpful had you mentioned their existence beforehand. Do you need the output files to be in sub-folders also?