Thread: [Solved] Multiple Files - Printing
View Single Post

Old 10-05-2017, 04:52 PM
thalantyrdsl thalantyrdsl is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

thalantyrdsl has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Ok, a few quick notes for this one.

- I grabbed x20 documents and put them in a folder.
- Assigned one of the documents (the index file) as the macro host file.
- Renamed the XLSX file to the same as was in the script just to make it easy.
- Ran the macro.

The result was that it did about x5 of the x20 files. The other ones are still looking for a link back to the original XLSX filename as that's what we linked each mail merge to.

Do I need to clear out the mail merge linking back to the original XLSX filename? If so, how do you go about clearing any link for Mail Merge?

(I think the x5 files that worked were ones that I hadn't opened, clicked on 'Use An Existing List' and then saved without actually Finalising).

The second part is in regards to the saving location, etc.

It looks like the 'merged' files are saving into the same location as the XLSX document, not the actual macro file location. So I guess the best way to make this work would be create a new folder with the 'Project Name' and drop the XLSX document into that folder. Go back into the TEMPLATE folder, run the macro, when prompted with the folder browser, point it at the new Project Folder with the XLSX document and then it should save all the documents in there?

EDIT: Sorry, you did mention the files would save to the same location as the XLSX document

As an expansion of the above, is there a way to make this all work with subfolders? The x100 files are in about 15 different folders so I'm trying to keep it as neat as possible.

Thank you again.