Thread: [Solved] Multiple Files - Printing
View Single Post

Old 10-05-2017, 02:25 PM
thalantyrdsl thalantyrdsl is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

thalantyrdsl has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Multiple Files - Printing

Hi all. First time poster. Very new to mail merge. Please bear with me.

I'm currently working in a new role where the staff are using mail merge to insert information info specific fields throughout around about 100 different documents.

- They've set up an XLS document with the information.
- Each new staff member creates their own copy of the 100 documents, opens them individually and re-points the mail merge to their own copy of the XLS document
- For each project they open each document individually, hit Finish & Merge, update Individual Document, then hit Print to the actual printer

This is obviously an extremely lengthy process. There are some things I can do in the background to minimise the work required but the main issue is trying to find a way to make this more efficient.

So, my questions are:

a) Is there a way that you can open 100 documents in bulk and have them all update at once using the mail merge feature? This would mean we don't have to update them individually. (Note: At this point they don't save the documents, only print them, but saving would be helpful, unless too difficult).

b) As a closing step to the above point-A, is there a piece of software or a trick in Word/Windows where I can select say 75/100 documents and then mass-print them to the printer? (Sometimes we only need to print 75% of the documents).

Please let me know if I've explained this properly.

Thank you in advance.