View Single Post

Old 09-29-2017, 04:09 PM
wondermuse wondermuse is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Advanced Beginner

wondermuse is on a distinguished road
Default Cannot install my MS Office Home and Student 2013

I have recently purchased a new Windows 10 laptop, and everytime I try to install my MS Office Home and Student 2013, I get this message:

We found a pre-release or Beta version of an Office product on you computer and can't install because of it.

Please Uninstall any pre-release Office software using the Programs and Features item in your Control Panel and try installing again.

I do not see any MS Office entries on the "Programs and Features" page. Some advice I read while searching online said the Microsoft "Fix It Tool" deletes any MS Office products from the computer, but when I tried to find and download this 'tool', I only found some information saying that the MS "Fix It Tool" is not used with Windows 10, and that I should try the troubleshoot feature. I don't think that is a very good option.

Also, I do not have a CD disc for this software, just an installment file. At the moment I do not have an extra computer to see if the product would install on another computer. So I guess I could be hearing that the file may be corrupt, but that is not really what I would like to hear.