View Single Post

Old 09-29-2017, 12:05 AM
7ohm7 7ohm7 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

7ohm7 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Alternating whether cross-reference is shown or not

Hello,
I need to alternate in mail merge whether the cross-reference (to number of paragraph) in template is shown in final records or not, but where it is shown, I need it to be active - with hyperlink and flexible as normal cross-reference.
Normal cross-reference field code is like {REF _Ref.. \w \h } used e.g. in "as we have metioned in paragraph {REF _Ref.. \w \h } above"

According to my testing and Paul Edstein - this solution does not work:
{ IF condition/mergefield = TRUE/"XY" { REF _Ref.. \w \h } "" }
If condition is met result looks fine, but the "reference" is only a simple text, no hyperlink, no flexibility - so is no longer a reference. However the cross-references I have in my template as fixed (no need to alternate whether they are shown in final records) - these are inserted in final records correctly with hyperlink and flexibility. So not mail merge is problem, only nesting REF in IF field code, where the hyperlink switch "\h" has lost someway.

So I return to original question - please do someone know solution how to alternate whether cross-reference is shown or not (with all functions which cross-reference offers)? Thank you in advance.

PS. Paul sorry for duplicating this question to you, but is very important for me. Thanky you for understanding.

Last edited by 7ohm7; 09-29-2017 at 01:41 AM. Reason: clarification