View Single Post

Old 08-09-2017, 03:58 AM
sovre sovre is offline Windows 10 Office 2010 64bit
Novice

sovre is on a distinguished road
Default odd behavior of word 2010 under windows 10

I have been using Word 2010 for a long time now. Recently however I got a new laptop. The only variables that have changed are I am now using a 1080p monitor and, whereas previously I was using Windows 7, now I'm using Windows 10.

When I work on Word documents I use Web Layout. I have wordwrap and line justification enabled. Since moving to my new system I am having a couple of problems I can't figure out:

1) As I work on editing paragraphs, Word seems to be randomly moving the horizontal scrollbar to the right, so that the text on the left side of my document ends up hidden "off the page" as I'm working. To correct this I have to continually move the horizontal scrollbar back to the left manually.

2) I frequently seem to be "losing" text as I am working. So far as I know I have not myself deleted the text. If I am pressing something accidentally which is causing this to happen I don't know what it could be. I can retrieve the text with "undo" but the troubling thing is I can't figure out why this is happening.

I didn't experience either of these issues on my previous system. Does anyone have any ideas about how I might fix the problem?

Thanks for your help.