View Single Post

Old 08-08-2017, 10:20 PM
JohnTravolski JohnTravolski is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

JohnTravolski is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Quick Access Toolbar Spacing (2016)

I've noticed something interesting. I have installed Office 2016 on two different computers. The first install was done two months ago, and the most recent install was done yesterday. I noticed something interesting about the Quick Access toolbar... the spacing wasn't consistent between installs! Take a gander at this:

Newer install:

vs Older install:

I have no idea what could be causing this disparity, but I much prefer the icons when they are closer together!

In case you are wondering, both versions of Excel (it's the same problem for all office applications, not just Excel) ARE BOTH in Mouse Mode, so this is not a Touch-Mode / Mouse-Mode difference.

Interestingly, I noticed that my versions of Excel (same goes for all my office applications) seem to be different. Is this a difference in the version of Office that I have installed? They both came from the same Office 2016 disc, so I honestly don't understand. Look here:

More recent install:

Older install:

Can somebody please confirm exactly what's causing this difference or how to resolve it so that I can get the old Quick Access Toolbar spacing back?

Is it some setting that's stored in the registry editor? Is it a setting stored in AppData\Local? Is it a setting stored in AppData\Roaming? Is it actually a result of the fact that these versions of Office aren't the same? I have no idea. Somebody, please help me, I'm desperate here.