View Single Post

Old 07-20-2017, 03:47 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is online now Windows 10 Office 2013

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meenie50 View Post
I have Word 2016 on my Windows 10 HP computer.
I'm an author and am working on my book manuscript. I set a style with the paragraph style I want, but as I look back through some pages I see there is different spacing between paragraphs.
I went to the style I saved for my manuscript and tried to apply it to a section that had the wrong spacing, but the wrong spacing stays the same.
What's up with this? I thought it would apply the style correctly.
If the text was originally in the style you changed, it should change as well, unless there is direct formatting applied. You should only have to apply it to a section of text if that text originally had a different style applied.

Especially on an important work like your manuscript, all formatting should be done using styles, paragraph or character and none done directly. That is the only way to maintain consistent appearance in a long document.

Understanding Styles in Microsoft Word