Thread: Registry issue
View Single Post

Old 07-18-2017, 07:58 PM
GaryTayman GaryTayman is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

GaryTayman is on a distinguished road
Default Registry issue

I've got a problem with a laptop. The issue is a problem with Sony Sound forge, which is not your software but I need to mention it to explain the problem, so please read on.

When I first bought the program, I called Sony to ask about a license for additional computers. They said I can install it on multiple units, they just don't want multiples running at the same time -- fine. Well, my wife was doing some work, and asked me how to do a certain task. I showed her on mine -- and I guess that was my mistake, because HER computer immediately shut down! If you enter Sound Forge it gives an error about registration, and I can't fix it. Cannot get any support from them.

Which brings us to the issue. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, no change. It obviously put something in the registry. So, I tried to do a system restore from an earlier date. It got to "initializing . . ." and got stuck there for hours. It finally finished! So I went into Sound Forge and it worked. BUT -- after exiting it, I got an error message saying the system restore had an error, and I tried Sound Forge again and got the registration error. So I guess I can't do a system restore. Any ideas?