Thread: [Solved] Feeling cheated!
View Single Post

Old 07-18-2017, 12:13 PM
Abrielle Abrielle is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

Abrielle is on a distinguished road
Default Feeling cheated!

I have been an Office user for many, many years and have an annual subscription for 365.

Having used Office, particularly Word and Excel, I have made many customisations, personal templates for my work, etc.

We decided it was time to buy some new machines and thought we would try a MacBook Air and an iMac. We were assured that we could download Microsoft Office for Mac
and continue using the programs as usual.

Deciding to set up the MacBook first, we installed Office for Mac - only to discover that many shortcuts are not there. It isn't even possible to move the QAT in Excel below the menu bar. Close, Print Preview and other things cannot be added to the QAT.

In Word, my many templates for complcated Specifications are useless. I haven't even found any Autotext or Building Blocks.

I chatted online with Microsoft and the assistant admitted that Office for Mac is not the same as Office for Windows.

We have not even opened the iMac box. As far as I can see, it will be completely useless and a waste of money - thanks to Microsoft Office.

Be warned if you are considering Office for Mac.
(I did contact Apple, who say it is definitely a Microsoft issue.)