View Single Post

Old 06-21-2017, 06:23 AM
bcemail bcemail is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2013
Novice

bcemail is on a distinguished road
Default Best Program for these Tasks?

I'm looking at a new position, and there are some goals that management has for the person chosen. They would like to create a tracking system for employee certifications, to include notifications for when certifications expire, test results, etc. I'm hoping to be able to help get this going, and provide some ideas.
I've seen some templates for doing this through Excel, which I am very comfortable with. But I was wondering, is this better handled through Access? I'm less experienced at creating an Access database, but certainly willing to learn/try.
We use SharePoint, so I'm guessing they will want it to be something that all employees who have certifications can access. How are notifications for something like this best handled? I've setup a group calendar in Outlook for basic notifications, but thought a calendar would be too limiting for something like this.

I'm sure this is something that many people have created in the past, so I don't want to re-invent the wheel. Just want to have some ideas if asked, to make myself more competitive. Thanks in advance for any help and advice!