View Single Post

Old 06-08-2017, 08:56 PM
bobonight bobonight is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

bobonight is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Exact Line Height not working

I set a one line paragraph to an exact height. But when I print, the line is shifted down about 10 points. This is bad because I don't want the line to move. It's a big problem because I am printing on pleading paper and the lines do not line up. This has never been a problem with any of the Word versions since Word XP. It just started, and it happens on multiple computers all running either Windows 10 or 8.1. To get around this, I created a table with an exact width with the one-line text in the table. To my shock, the text in the table shifted down which caused all the text on the entire page below the table to shift. This is super weird because if a table is set to an exact height, nothing in the table should cause text to shift below the table when printing. Everything looks fine on screen and in Print Preview mode.

I am convinced that this is a bug. By the way, this behavior occurs even though I have the boxed checked "Don't center exact line heights." And their is zero spacing both before and after the paragraph. The font position is set to normal, it's not raised or lowered.

I noticed that this only happens with Adobe's Linotext Std font and no others. It's not a corrupted font because I get the same behavior on other computers with different OS's. And it has worked for years.