View Single Post

Old 05-03-2017, 03:41 PM
JennEx JennEx is offline Windows XP Office 2013
Competent Performer

JennEx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
I'm not entirely sure what's going on here.
If you don't I can say for certian I have NO idea ....

Quote:
... is that your macro seems to be running the merge from a different workbook than the one containing the data source.
Correct ... my 'application' workbook holds the code. It relies on a workbook serving as a database as each date has it's own. The application can call on any date to pull reports from.

Quote:
Furthermore, it closes the mailmerge source workbook if it's open.
I did not know that. When I go to my application worksheet, I can access the data workbook ... but ... it's hidden. If I unhide it, I have access to it as it is open. (?) Could the fact the data workbook is hidden play a role?

Quote:
The upshot of this is that you don't need to revert to the field coding described in https://www.msofficeforums.com/mail-...tml#post114362 for the macro process you're currently using.
Yay!

Quote:
As for the page breaks, Your code has a special process for anything other than 'GS reports' that deletes all the Section breaks. If you want to keep those breaks, delete or comment-out:
Code:
                Do While .Sections.Count > 1
                    .Sections(1).Range.Characters.Last.Delete
                    DoEvents
                Loop
                .Range.Characters.Last.Delete
Done! No blank pages, times are all correct, formats are correct. I would call that success. But, the 'Page of Pages' still refuses to populate. This is what I find to be most mysterious.
If you refer to the document created by the macro launched merge in post 9 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9E...ew?usp=sharing) with the file you provided, these merge fields populate although I have more than one record per page. So it can work. It isn't now, but it has. There must be a combination of factors present in one query that doesn't exist in another. As I said, all my records experiences this "bug".