View Single Post

Old 05-02-2017, 08:09 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not entirely sure what's going on here.

When I use a macro (not yours) to execute the merge with the document I attached to post #8, the decimal times appear. That's because the macro I'm using is in the workbook used as the data source.

The decimal times don't appear when I do the merge manually with the same mailmerge main document without the workbook being open, but do appear when it is open.

Having studied your macro more closely, it seems part of the explanation for the difference in our experiences is that your macro seems to be running the merge from a different workbook than the one containing the data source. Furthermore, it closes the mailmerge source workbook if it's open. Hence, the mailmerge source workbook is not actually open when the merge is done and you wouldn't get the decimals in that scenario. The upshot of this is that you don't need to revert to the field coding described in https://www.msofficeforums.com/mail-...tml#post114362 for the macro process you're currently using.

That still doesn't explain why you'd get the decimals when merging directly from Word (per post #9) - unless the mailmerge source workbook was open.

As for the page breaks, Your code has a special process for anything other than 'GS reports' that deletes all the Section breaks. If you want to keep those breaks, delete or comment-out:
Code:
                Do While .Sections.Count > 1
                    .Sections(1).Range.Characters.Last.Delete
                    DoEvents
                Loop
                .Range.Characters.Last.Delete