View Single Post

Old 05-02-2017, 05:05 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is online now Windows 10 Office 2013

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
The only issues I see, in general, are offline use and decentralized use. These documents are medical policies and procedures, medical protocols, operations guidelines, etc.
This should not be a problem. Again, if AutoText fields are used, those fields should be automatically unlinked by a macro. Thus, the actual content will be in the documuments but the field will be in the template. The global template should be copied/updated to each user's Word Startup Folder as a part of the network login procedure.

Quote:
Most will only receive the PDF version of the finished product; not the original Word.
For this, you do not even need to unlink or lock the AutoText fields, when the PDF is made, it will contain your content. That PDF should be your local archival copy, though, not the Word file unless the fields are unlinked.

Quote:

That said, is it safe to assume that, in the creation of the PDF from the master document, all relevant sections are saved in and not linked to the final document? Does that even make sense? (I am fairly comfortable in Word, and office in general; but by no means an expert)

I am going now to check out the reference made. Thanks!!

Jason
If you use AutoText and the AutoText field, the content of the field will be linked to the AutoText container unless and until you break that link. This is not reflected in PDF versions, which would contain the content.

If you use a macro to copy components from a source template, those components become part of the new document.