View Single Post

Old 04-30-2017, 04:16 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennEx View Post
So, it's unavoidable?
Presumably you still have an empty last record in the data source for the purposes of the directory/catalog merges. In that case, the empty last page is unavoidable unless you specify the range of records to merge via the Finish & Merge dialogue.
Quote:
If again I understand correctly, with this document where unlike my other documents I only put one report per page, I could get away with removing this field? But doing so now tries to squeeze multiple reports on a page and they end up broken, now.
The only way I can see that happening is if you also changed the merge type back from a letter merge to a directory/catalog merge. The downside to that, of course, is that you then can't have mergefields in the header/footer.

Conversely, with a directory/catalog merge, one could ensure there was only a page/Section break between records. If you change back to a directory/catalog merge and edit the field code in which the table is embedded by inserting:
{IF{MERGESEQ}> 1 {QUOTE 12}}
after:
{ if{ MERGEFIELD "trn_ui1" }> 4 "
thus:
{ if{ MERGEFIELD "trn_ui1" }> 4 "{IF{MERGESEQ}> 1 {QUOTE 12}}
you'll get page breaks between records and no empty page at the end.

Quote:
I have a field in the footer of all my mail merge documents ... Page {PAGE} of {NUMPAGES} . It doesn't want to populate.
It works for me, regardless of whether one uses a directory/catalog merge or a letter merge.