View Single Post

Old 04-22-2017, 10:36 AM
Flobiwan Flobiwan is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

Flobiwan is on a distinguished road
Default Question about a proper way to install one version over another

For years, i was running Office 2003. About a year ago, i had to start using Microsoft Exchange so an IT guy installed Outlook 2010 for me. I continued to use Word and Excel 2003. This month, i upgraded Word and Excel to 2010 but i bought the Home and Student edition and it adds a "Non-commercial use" tag. This causes more problems than you would think since i run several instances of Excel over 3 monitors and that extra tag makes it harder to read file names to switch files. So, i just purchased Office 2010 Home and Business edition.

So, currently, i have Outlook 2010 32 bit installed separately and then Word and Excel installed from Office 2010 Home and Student edition.

All that being said, i would like to replace Word and Excel with the new Office 2010 Home and Business edition while (and this is important) making sure the install does NOT touch Outlook 2010. I like that just the way it is and don't want to risk problems with the configuration. I just tried but ended up messing up Outlook and had to do a system restore. Can anyone give me the steps to do a clean install without problems? do i need to uninstall Home and Student first? How do i make sure Outlook is unaffected when i do the new install?