View Single Post

Old 04-21-2017, 11:56 AM
PMAAdmin PMAAdmin is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

PMAAdmin is on a distinguished road
Default I changed OneDrive properties and now all Office apps crash on file open/save browsing

My family and I were confused between OneDrive and the Documents library in our recent install of Office 365 Office 2016. Sometime we saved to OneDrive when we wanted to save to local Documents. So, I stupidly changed OneDrive to a 'hidden' folder on one of our machines thinking that was a quick and easy fix. Since then Office products (Word, Excel, etc.) all crash on that machine (i.e. go into Not Responding mode) whenever we try to perform a file save as browse or file open browse and I have to use Task Manager to end them and we lose the document.

First, I tried the Office 365 Quick Repair and the Online Repair. Then I tried 'un-hiding' OneDrive and reran Online Repair. Then I tried enabling "Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage" in the Local Group Policy Editor>>Computer Configuration>>Administrative Templates>>Windows Components>>OneDrive, accessing it with Win+R gpedit.msc. I left the other OneDrive configurations as 'not configured'. I reran Online Repair again.

None of that helped.

We're running Windows 10 Pro.

I don't think I have a suitable restore point to roll back to and I'm afraid of reinstalling Windows because I am not experienced with this stuff.

Any suggestions?