View Single Post

Old 04-03-2017, 05:41 PM
visibility visibility is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2016
Novice

visibility is on a distinguished road
Default Word Hanging and Not Responding

I have an Office 365 subscription. Following a recent auto-update I started experiencing problems with Word. All other Office apps were fine. The problem involved the app freezing and being unresponsive at seemingly random times.The only way to resolve this was to kill the process and lose my work. Finally I got sick of it and uninstalled the damn thing completely and set about reinstalling it online from my 365 subscription page. This didn't work and it took five hours of periodically watching the "we are preparing your system" screen to realise nothing was happening. Finally I downloaded the installer packages for offline installation. This went well and all seemed rosy. That was yesterday but today when I started up word, the old problem returned although this time the freeze begins as soon as my file opens. Again it is only with Word and all the other apps work fine. Its not one particular file that is problematic but all my word files freeze. This is driving me insane and I have an assignment due soon.