View Single Post

Old 03-31-2017, 07:50 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2013

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArieK View Post

I choose the CreateDate and in the list "22 maart 2017" (Dutch for March 22 2017".

In the document in will appear as "22 maart 2017".

The fieldcode is CREATEDATE \@ "d MMMM yyyy".

When I save this document and use it to merge with other records in CRM, it will show as "22 March 2017"

How can I get this date to be published as Dutch?

Some ideas displaying my ignorance:

1. With the field code displayed, select the field and change the proofing language to Dutch.
  2. Is the fieldname CreateDate, itself, different in Dutch?
  3. Would a \CharFormat switch make any difference?
  4. What happens if you switch to a Date field? Any difference?

I know nothing about the effect of language on fields so am simply speculating. I am a typical American as far as language skills go.

One thing I found is that you have to update the field after you change the proofing language.

I checked and the proofing language for the field (not the document, the field) matters. Proofing language is not a system or document setting, it is applied to individual characters.

Once you have found the answer to your question, please post that answer and make a note that your question has been answered in each of the forums where you posted it.