View Single Post

Old 03-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Benbon Benbon is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

Benbon is on a distinguished road
Default Word 2010 VBA Print Macro - Specified Sections

Hello Everyone,

I would like start off by saying that it's nice to meet you all. My name is Benbon and I'm a motivated individual who just started learning Visual Basic last week. I'm working hard to study and research the fundamentals of VBA; however, it has been challenging.

I have a manual that I'm attempting to create a print macro for. The manual is very large. Each section is formatted by title and section number (4.1 title 1, 4.2 title 2, 5.0 title 3, etc.). The majority of the manual has generalized information; however, there are several sections that are state specific. The goal is to create a macro that allows the user to choose their state from the drop down box so when they print, it only prints the general information along with the state specific section.

I have managed to create a form with a functional drop down that lists each state, along with the control buttons of 'Ok' and 'Cancel'. The challenge is that the manual is updated on a monthly basis. Due to this, I can't use page number ranges. I need this to be dynamic so it will scale as information is added. I'm guessing this can be done by using the sections as ranges. I have been searching goggle for several days and haven't been able to find information specific to this. Any recommendations are much appreciated.