View Single Post

Old 03-28-2017, 08:48 AM
JulieS JulieS is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

JulieS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I checked the ribbon "View", but see no option to display/hide start/end dates.
Delete the columns from the table. Click a column heading and hit delete.

Quote:
I also made the entire project a subtask and changed the main task dates to "today"

I'm not sure if every day will be "today".
I haven't any idea of how you made the entire project a subtask. Instead display the project summary task. Then if you have multiple days in the project, set those days up as summary and the subtasks as the detail.

Quote:
The only choices I have are standard, 24 Hours, and Night Shift. I have 24 hours selected.
Unless you intend to work 24 hours per day - I would create a new calendar and set all 7 days to working days. But use a more reasonable number of working hours per day.

Quote:
I need to make the end time of one task the same as the end time of another task. The only way I know is to paste a link from one end date to the other end date.
No, it's a Finish to Finish link. Link the tasks, double click the link line and change the link type.

Quote:
The link task button only links the start date, or there is another way to do it using the link button?
The Link task button creates a Finish to Start link. You can change the link type to Start to Start, Finish to Finish, or Start to Finish as needed.

Quote:
I'm trying to schedule a daily project. Is a work repeated every day divided in many subtasks.
If it is the same work repeated every day - it is by definition not a project. You can use Project, but you will spend your time managing a project file - not getting the real work done., IMHO.