View Single Post

Old 03-27-2017, 07:54 PM
DrTwinkyEsq DrTwinkyEsq is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

DrTwinkyEsq is on a distinguished road
Question OneNote on Android phone View Tags? Enter Date, Time, Date & Time

I have been using OneNote for what seems like decades, pretty much since it first came out a long time ago. My use with literally hundreds and hundreds of notes relies on date, time, and date/time entries for which I use keyboard shortcuts. But in Andriod, it is frustrating that many of the features I know and love don't seem to be there, include a click, swipe, or something to enter time and date.

I guess I understand a hobbled product in a tablet. Maybe I will spring for a windows 10 combo like a Surface to get the full experience of the MS Office ecosystem that I know and love.

But my phone, which I rely on heavily for event, task, and to do notifications, is nothing more than a dumb terminal to look at OneNote, if it does not have a way to enter dates and time without typing on the screen. And as we all know, there is no windows phone with more robust features.

And if as I fear there is no way to view tags in onenote on their own screen on my phone, well then it is not only a dumb look, but one that makes the product an overall negative because I would have to use ToDoist or some other todo application that does not integrate well with the MS Office ecosystem. I know I tried ToDoist and it does not play nice with MS stuff.

So, I have spelled out what I fear is the worst. Please, PLEASE someone tell me that I am wrong and that OneNote on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is now or soon will be something more.