View Single Post

Old 03-26-2017, 11:21 PM
Jennifer Murphy Jennifer Murphy is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Competent Performer

Jennifer Murphy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
Or run Word in Safe Mode when you need to print the document with the citations & bibliography. You might also want to do that periodically so you can save a PDF of the document with readable citations, etc.
Yeah, I thought of that as an option. I have also sent a message to the tech company that installed these machines initially. They may know the Admin password.

Quote:
On a related issue, do be aware that Microsoft's referencing implementation doesn't conform to the published specifications for APA or either of the Chicago referencing formats (Word doesn't even recognise that there are two Chicago referencing formats)... Given that these are widely used and well documented, Microsoft's failure to get it right for a decade now is abysmal. I have my doubts about its implementation of the other referencing formats, too.
Don't get me started on M$FT's irresponsibility. We'd be here for a week.

I wonder what percentage of the well documented bugs in Leonhard's book ever got fixed. M$FT is one of the most irresponsible and arrogant companies ever.

This is an internal document, so I don't care much how the bibliography is formatted of what standards it confirms to. As long as the team can use it, it's good.

Cheers, -J