View Single Post

Old 03-26-2017, 09:00 AM
Jennifer Murphy Jennifer Murphy is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Competent Performer

Jennifer Murphy is on a distinguished road

Paul,

When I ran it in Safe Mode, the bibliography citation error disappeared. So I restarted Word and went to the Add-Ins dialog. I found just 1 add-in, from SnagIt, a screen capture utility, and disabled it.

Then I restarted Word and tested the citations. The error was back. I went back to the Add-Ins dialog and found that there were now 2 add-ins: Person Name () and tm8word.dot. This is the first screen capture. I didn't think to get a screen capture before starting, but I am positive that neither of these were enabled the first time I checked.

The tm8word.dot file belongs to a case management program called Time Matters. I have had all kinds of problems with it in the past and not only in Word. It's one of the worst pieces of software I have ever had to deal with. So I disabled that add-in first. These are the next 2 screen captures.

I restarted Word, but the error was still there. I checked the add-ins and the tm8word.dot add-in was back. I'm only allowed 3 attachments, so I don't have a screen capture for that.

I tried this several times. Every time I restart Word, that add-in re-enables itself.

I found the tm8word.dot file. It's in C:\TMW8, where Time Matters installed itself. Should I rename that file? Is it likely to cause problems with Time Matters?

PS: It looks like the attachments didn't make it. I'll upload them to Dropbox and post the link.