View Single Post

Old 03-24-2017, 11:06 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborda View Post
When I select text and try to convert it to columns, Word inserts a page break, not a continuous section break, before the selected text. ... I've worked with columns many times before and have been able to have column text on the same page as non-column text. Why isn't this working?
That's liable to occur if you have footnotes anchored to text on the same page preceding the column change. The same thing will occur on the page where the multiple columns revert to single columns if you have footnotes anchored to text on the same page preceding the column change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborda View Post
2. Once I do convert my text to columns (I've tried 2, 3, and 4), not only does the text appear on the next page (as described above), but it also appears with all the text in the first column.
That would be due to there being insufficient text to fill the column and cause wrapping to occur.