View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 04:55 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringLou View Post
I'm creating word files to sell as stationery templates for digital download. I've created them on word 2016 but when my sister tried to open them on her computer (using word 2013 for Mac) she could only edit some of the text boxes and couldn't change the color.
Without knowing precisely what you mean by 'text boxes', it's hard to say for sure what the issues might be. That said, Macs don't support ActiveX Controls at all and have only limited support for Content Controls - which also aren't supported in Word versions before 2007. Formfields are fully supported on PCs and Macs alike, but they require 'filling in forms' protection to be applied before they can be used - and that generally makes the rest of the document uneditable.

I also note your reference to Word 2008. That version lacked macro support so, if your templates need to work with Word 2008, you'll need your templates to work properly without recourse to macros.