View Single Post

Old 03-16-2017, 01:26 PM
Lemimelo Lemimelo is offline Windows 10 Office 2007
Novice

Lemimelo is on a distinguished road
Default So where does OneNote save "unrecorded" files?

Hi everybody and sorry for my english

I’ve got last version of OneNote (v.17.7967), initially installed in my windows 10 laptop when I bought it.
I have to admit that I used OneNote without saving my work on the cloud nor laptop, thinking that it was automatically saved on the laptop… When I usually close OneNote and open it next day, everything is here: enough for me.

Yesterday I made a cleaning with CCleaner. No problem afterwards except today when I opened OneNote: My work was on background and a message error appeared asking me to reinitialize OneNote. My whole work disappeared after validating…No idea where I may refind it.

So where does OneNote save "unrecorded" files? I think I searched it everywhere unsuccessfully.

I tried to find deleted files with Recuva – I found nothing looking interesting.

I also made a registry saving file before using CCleaner but I cannot open it too… A message box says (in French): “Impossible to import C://”file”.reg. All data haven’t been written correctly. Some keys are opened by the system or by other process or you don’t have sufficient privileges to perform this operation”.

Any idea is warmly welcome!
Emil