View Single Post

Old 03-13-2017, 02:58 AM
caplja caplja is offline Windows 10 Office 2007
Novice

caplja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieS View Post
I'm afraid this capability does not exist. You can insert projects inside new projects with the "Insert Subproject" command - however the "every task in that inserted project should be multiplied by wanted quantity" doesn't exist. If you have some skills with VBA, I support you could develop a bit of code that allows you to select tasks and multiple the duration or work by a value you specify - but it doesn't exist out of the box.
At this moment I would like to avoid VBA because I don't have skills for that yet. Will try with two solution mentioned below.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guloluseus View Post
as workarounds, there might be a couple of solutions
you could export the durations to excel, multiply by the number of units required, then paste back into project (taking out any summary durations- they could make a mess otherwise.)
the other would be to put a resource against each task (use the same one, doesn't matter what it is) then reduce to 10% for 10 units. this would multiply the time required by 10 for each activity.

As Julie said, Project doesnt do it- it works with what you give it.
Thank you . Will leave excel as backup plan and try with limited resource. I guess that if I put same resource under every task and by limiting it it is should reflect on every task simultaneously. Hope it will work.