View Single Post

Old 11-08-2010, 11:58 PM
webcan webcan is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

webcan is on a distinguished road
Question Insert image from Scanner option gone?

After looking for about an hour I finally read that the insert image from scanner or camera option is gone Ms Word 2007!.

The help file suggests to use Microsoft Office Document Imaging which means I now have more steps to take to accomplish the same task. Although you can make a editable document in it, it still means another program to switch back a forth to and from word if we prefer to use all the options that resides in Ms Word. So now that I have said my bit on the matter, here is my question.

QUESTION:
1:Is there a way that I can have a button/icon in the "Quick Access Bar" to call my scanner driver or software via macro or external link like the previous word 2003 did?

2: If the above is not possible then is it possible to have a button/icon call Microsoft Document Imaging?

The first option is the best as this would mean the less steps needed to accomplish the task. (If it could insert the image into the document as well then it would be identical to word 2003).

PS. I very surprised that the programmers would removed the scanner and camera options and further more without even adding a "Quick Access command" to Microsoft Office Document Imaging, after all they did add Excel, Access, PowerPoint, ect.. or is it me that's missing something here?

Paul D

Last edited by webcan; 11-09-2010 at 01:05 AM.