View Single Post

Old 03-04-2017, 03:48 AM
Uni Uni is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Uni is on a distinguished road

Hi again. Thanks for previous help. As part of rejuvenating my laptop following a BSoD two weeks ago, I am close to re-installing Windows 10. I have read that it is best to have MS Office in place first.

To re-cap, I have the following programs installed:
  • MS Office Pro Plus 2010 Ver: 14.0.7015.1000
  • MS Office 365 Pro Plus -en-us Ver: 16.0.7571.2109
  • MS Project Professional Ver: 14.0.7015.1000 - I'm not sure what this is, and only activated it recently
I am not too concerned with Project Professional, but I would ideally like to get full functionality from the first two. For the past two weeks, Word won't open at all and Excel (Office 365) has worked sometimes, but not now. I have been guided through malware removal this last few days (Conduit, Gong etc) and is ongoing.

Following @macropods advice, I tried repairing MS Office Pro Plus 2010, but received the message: "..product installation has been corrupted. Run Setup agian....".
I also tried uninstalling Office 365 via Control Panel, but after leaving on overnight, the un-installation process was stuck on Stage 1 of 4: I had to power down the laptop to stop the attempted un-installation.

I would like to have fresh installations of MS Office 365 Pro Plus and, if possible, MS Office Pro Plus 2010. I have the product key for the latter, and I have Office 365 via my college, which is allowed to be installed on 5 pc's, so I should be okay to re-install it (I hope).

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Geoff