Thread: [Solved] word 2013 mail merge newbie
View Single Post

Old 03-03-2017, 08:08 PM
jassie jassie is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

jassie is on a distinguished road
Default word 2013 mail merge newbie

I have a few questions to about using the mail merge*feature in word 2013 since this is the first time I have worked with this feature. I am asking this question since I need to modify an existing an existing word 2013 document that uses the mail merge feature:
1. In the document, a pop up window*shows basically that displays select * from view_bne. I then need to hit an ok button for the data to be displayed on each page for each letter. Can you tell me how to change what is displayed* in* the select * from view_bne statement? Is there a way for this select statement not to display every time the word 2013 document is opened and if so how would I change this?
2. There is a window that shows up if I want to change the data source? Thus can you tell me how to change the data source for the word document? Is there a way that can be setup so the popup window does not show up all the time? Basically is there a way for the word document to 'remember' what the connection is?
3. When running the mail merge is there a way that all word document letters can be saved electronically? Basically I may not want to print all the letters right away. I will want to print the letters at a later time?
4. When printing a regular word document you can print specific pages. Basically you can print page 2of 5. Can you tell me how to do that for a file that will have 20,000 letters to print at once?
5. If the mail merge of a word document is executed on one computer and the 20,000 letters are to print on another printer on that is setup on my company's network, how would I set that up?