View Single Post

Old 03-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Gwinnett Gwinnett is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Novice

Gwinnett is on a distinguished road
Default Mailmerge Directory - Incomplete Data Appearing in Merge Output

Hello,
I have successfully used the macros in Macropod’s excellent Catalogue/Mailmerge Directory Tutorial to create some very useful reports. Below is the merge code I used to merge text records by category for an FAQ report. I then use Macropod's TableJoiner macro on the output document to combine tables. I am using MS Word 2013.

The merge and macro worked fine. However, I found that 4 cells from the Excel worksheet did not merge completely. Only partial content was merged into the Word table. See attached PDF.

I suspected the data source because it was a file from Google Sheets. I have had difficulty merging Google spreadsheets in the past so I usually copy the data to a new worksheet in Excel. The client gave me a CSV file from Google Sheets, and I converted the file to XLSX in Excel.

I have reformatted the spreadsheet, cleared all content/format from the problem cells, and re-entered cell content for those cells. The same cells will not merge properly. I am stumped. I am hoping someone can identify why this is happening.

Cheers,
Attached Images
File Type: png Course FAQ Merge Code.PNG (48.4 KB, 25 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FAQ Merge Error.pdf (43.9 KB, 9 views)