View Single Post

Old 02-26-2017, 10:02 PM
GrammarDiva GrammarDiva is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

GrammarDiva is on a distinguished road
Angry The pages on my booklet are not printing correctly.

Hello, and thanks in advance for your help. I am using Microsoft Office 16, 32-bit, Windows 10 - also a Brother MFC-J4510W printer, manual double-sided printing, if that helps.

I am trying to create and print a booklet. I created it by taking a PDF file that had the single pages that I wanted, snipped the images and created PNG files, then created and formatted my Word document to booklet as per these instructions. https://support.office.com/en-us/art...7-737c31539e4a.

Once I had the formatting, I basically dropped in one image per page - first a cover page, then everything else. I tried to position everything so that I would have mirroring pages laying flat, so for example page one is the cover page, page two and three are exactly the same, four and five exactly the same, etc. I included a blank page at the end as page 32, which should have, I think, printed on the same page as the cover page - left side blank, right side cover page. I hope this makes sense.

Once I had everything created, I scrolled through the pages in print preview, and everything seemed to be lining up fine. BUT, after everything is printed, the pages are screwed up completely. I have to manually flip pages and reload the tray. Do I need to shuffle the pages front to back as they come out of the printer, or no? Any idea what's going wrong? On my printer settings, I chose manual duplex printing. EDIT: When I pull up print preview, it shows page one and two, left side-right side. Shouldn't it be showing pages eight and one, left side-right side?

I tried to include as much detail as you might need, but please ask if there's anything I've left out. I've been trying to figure this out all night, and I'm about ready to punch my computer and/or my printer. I did do a search in this forum for booklet troubleshooting, but didn't find anything quite like this. Looking forward to your replies.