View Single Post

Old 02-26-2017, 12:53 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2013

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

My guess is that the keyboard shortcuts did not transfer when you installed Word 2010. Keyboard shortcuts are separate things from the macros themselves. I seldom do a straight upgrade of versions so am unsure how well it works.

My preference is to store macros in a template separate from Normal.dotm. The keyboard shortcuts for those macros should be stored in the same template as should any QAT icons that go with them. That template is stored in the Word Startup Folder. That makes it a Global Template when Word is next started. When I change versions, I can simply move the template.

Modifying the QAT in Microsoft Word
Moving (Sharing) Customizations in Microsoft Word

If you still have your original template that had the shortcuts, you might be able to use Chris Woodman's Keyboard Organizer to move them to your new template. Otherwise, you'll need to recreate them. In Word 2010 you can assign keyboard shortcuts by going to the Customize the Ribbon dialog and clicking on the Customize button in the bottom left.

Be aware of which template/document these are being saved in. Again, it should be the same template as the macros themselves.