View Single Post

Old 02-23-2017, 05:43 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2013

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
The whole Styles / Template area really needs a re-vamp.

Surely the idea of Styles in a template is that you update them once and then every other document that uses that Template has all the latest styles.

But No, you have to import them all MANUALLY.
That may be your idea of styles. It is not mine. You can set your documents up to automatically bring in style changes made in the template already. This was the subject of the previous posts. Doing this has its own problems, as described in What happens when I send my document to someone else? Will Word mess up my formatting?

It is also possible to have a global stylesheet. A Global StyleSheet in Microsoft Word?
Understanding Styles in Microsoft Word

One thing is that a document should be like a piece of paper in a file. You should not be using it to create new documents. For new documents you should be using a template. Templates in Microsoft Word If you were, the new documents would have the template's styles when created.

If you have boilerplate text you want in many documents, you should explore Word's features designed for that purpose, not reuse documents. Automated Boilerplate Using Microsoft Word

By the way, no one answering questions here works for Microsoft. We are your fellow users.