View Single Post

Old 02-17-2017, 10:35 AM
olivia olivia is offline Mac OS X Office 2016
Novice

olivia is on a distinguished road
Default For a Word template: how can I have edited content automatically reappear elsewhere in the document?

I am creating a template for our business and ran into a problem with the header and the footer that I haven't been able to solve.

The footer contains the company information and space that let's our employees edit the project name. The header has our logo in full color, but I need the logo to be gray on the following pages

The problem is when I choose "Different First Page" the project name in the footer has to be edited on the first and on the second page, and I would like to help our employees not having to do that (they might also just forget). The advantage of the Different First page is that I have the logo appear the way I need it to appear across the document, black on the first page, and gray on the other pages—so I would like to keep this as a function. I also found out that you can only choose "Different First Page" for both header and footer, or not. I can't have a different first page for the header, but none for the footer. I hope that will be possible sometime.

Here is what I am trying to find out: I am trying to find a function in word that allows me to source the project name from one set location (from the first page of the footer) and then cite that content on the second page onwards, while keeping the "Different First Page" function on. Employees would only have to enter the project name on the first page and it will reappear on the second footer on the second page.

Is there any function that let's me to such a thing? I looked into fields, building blocks, cross references but nothing seems to work.

PLEASE HELP ME!