Thread: [Solved] Problem leveling
View Single Post

Old 02-11-2017, 12:46 PM
JulieS JulieS is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

JulieS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
Ok, I tried to completely isolate the problem. Ill be using images now instead of links to a project file, I thought that would be easier so you can check my calendars and configuration of the project, but lets go.

So I have this Resource 1, which originally had 2 Tasks. Task 2 depends on Task 1, so everything is easy so far.

As you can see, project starts on 16 Jan, and everything is going ok so far. Bad news is, on Jan 30 we get this emergency and that Resource 1 needs to work on that for the whole week. That tas is marked as "Unexpected task", and since this actually happened, I marked it as Manually scheduled for those 5 days. Right now, it overlaps with the expected task for those days, Task 2.

Now, I expect the "Task 2" to move rihgt after "Unexpected task", since its the only available space left. The problem is, when I hit the Level button, I get this.

Project doesnt have a final date, it can go on as long as its needed. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much.
When I do exactly what you list, I see Task 2 scheduled after the "unexpected" task. My leveling options are in the attached image.

I do have the option to level manually scheduled task selected. The only way I can reproduce the error you note is to set the priority of both Task 2 and the "unexpected" task to 1000 - which means do not level. However, it does not throw the error message you see.
Attached Images
File Type: png leveling options.png (19.6 KB, 14 views)