View Single Post

Old 02-09-2017, 10:03 AM
mshu31 mshu31 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

mshu31 is on a distinguished road
Default Nested If Statements in Formula Field to Produce the Diffrnc in Years Between Today's & Entered Date

If anyone can help me with these formulas, I would be very grateful. I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong with entering these Nested If Formulas in my word document's inserted field, and I've been trying to tweak this for about a week now with no results. I've been using the Ctrl+F9 to enter the brackets and input the code within the applicable brackets, but I guess that I might have the brackets in the wrong places maybe? Incorrect use of the space bar? I really have no idea. I have tried numerous different ways to rewrite this and none of them work.

Basically, what I'm trying to do here is have a field inserted into my Word Document which takes the date from a user fill-in field (a person's birth date entered, bookmarked as Text2) and the field in question would return the person's current and exact age in full, non-rounded years with respect to the current date.

by the way, I hope I'm drafting this thread correctly, as well. Or posting it in the correct place on this forum. If I'm not please let me know, and I will try to fix it. This is my first time posting something here.

The field codes that I can't figure out are as follows (verbatim):

{ IF { { { DATE \@ "YYYY" } - { REF Text2 \@ "YYYY" } = 70 } { IF { { { DATE \@ "MM" } <= { REF Text2 \@ "MM" } } { IF { { { DATE \@ "DD" } < { REF Text2 \@ "DD" } } { = { { DATE \@ "YYYY" } -1 } - { REF Text2 \@ "YYYY" } } { = { DATE \@ "YYYY" } - { REF Text2 \@ "YYYY" } } } } { = { DATE \@ "YYYY" } - { REF Text2 \@ "YYYY" } } } } { = { DATE \@ "YYYY" } - { REF Text2 \@ "YYYY" } } } }