View Single Post

Old 02-01-2017, 09:02 AM
Macavity228 Macavity228 is offline Mac OS X Office 2016
Novice

Macavity228 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Kenyon View Post
By selecting all of your text (not highlighting, that is something different) and changing the options, you changed them for all of you text. A quick way to select all text in the body of a document is Ctrl+A.

When non-printing characters are displayed, a little black square will appear in the left margin of paragraphs where either of these options have been checked. Looking at your document, it appears they still are applied in your footers. This leads me to suspect that they are a part of your normal style. If that is the case, it is likely that they will be checked in at least some future text.

(They didn't get changed in the footers because the footers are not part of the body of the document; they were not selected earlier.)
Correct, the black dots are in the footers, as can be seen in the screenshot. How would I turn these options off? I did use the CTRL + A shortcut earlier to highlight all my text to shut these options off, I assumed it would have selected the headers/footers as well.

Are these two options kept on by default? (Keep With Next/Page Break Before)

Thanks again for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 6.58.32 AM.png (276.8 KB, 22 views)