View Single Post

Old 01-22-2017, 01:13 AM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by officegeezer View Post
But doesn't OEM simply refer to the fact that the system seller installed Office for the buyer pre-purchase?

I've even seen people on official Microsoft forums discussing Office OEM.
It means nothing of the kind. As I have already told you, an OEM license can never be transferred to a different computer. How many times do you expect me to tell you this?????

The reference to a 'broken motherboard, in this context demonstrates that the seller is either clueless or dishonest. An OEM edition can only be used on the hardware it was sold with. If the hardware dies, tough, you don't have any right to transfer the licence to a different PC - all you can do is repair the original one or buy a new one with a new licence. End of discussion.