View Single Post

Old 01-17-2017, 04:12 PM
diarrheaofthewprocessor diarrheaofthewprocessor is offline Windows 10 Office 2010 32bit
Novice

diarrheaofthewprocessor is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Hyperlinks that Do Not Exist in the Original Word Document Appearing in the PDF Document

I am using Microsoft Word 2010 32 Bit to work on my resume. I have a simple document set up, into columns, with my name, address, and email address on top, followed by the titles Objectives, Work Experience, Schooling, and References Available Upon Request, below that. Nothing too fancy. I have my email address hyperlinked so that when a potential employer reads the file on their computer all they have to do is click the email address and it will open up Outlook with the email already in the right place for them.

My big issue is in the PDF document the text underneath my email, the title Objective and my brief mission statement are hyperlinked as well with no blue text or underlining to indicate this. I always send potential employers a PDF version of my resume. I know the title Objective and the brief mission statement is hyperlinked because in the PDF document when I slide my cursor over the text it shows a hyperlink pop-up box and if I click on it it takes me to a blank webpage. This only happens in the PDF document and not the Word document itself. Is there any way to correct this and delete the unnecessary hyperlink? I'm reading online that I have to sign up for a subscription with Adobe Acrobat to be able to change PDF documents. I don't want to sign up for an account and pay a subscription. Can this be fixed in Microsoft Word 2010? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by diarrheaofthewprocessor; 01-17-2017 at 11:05 PM.