View Single Post

Old 12-17-2016, 12:13 AM
spdoffice spdoffice is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

spdoffice is on a distinguished road

Heya Jim and Charles
Thanks very much for the links and quotes. Unfortunately I can't read it all in one sitting so am just responding after going through some of the links and the links in the links.

I am still not 100% sure what the +Body and +Heading refer to however I don't think I really need to worry about them. In Suzanne's quote she seems to refer to them as part of a theme and I don't need a theme. I am a one man company just writing letters and guides and need to make a template for my letters and one for my guides to match my company logo.

I am using the built in Styles and will adjust the Font, Colour, Size and Paragraph setting as needed.

As a side note, where my confusion with +Body and +Heading started was I was trying to understand what I was reading in the 'Preview of Normal:' section.

Font: (Default) +Body (Calibri), Left

I read this as 'the Normal Style is defines as'
Font = (The Default Font) + Something Called Body (Which is currently Calibri)

So the Normal style font is made up of 2 parts - The default font and Calibri?

Delving deeper, when modifying the Normal Style, using the Formats Drop Down List and selecting Fonts, I can see +Body and +Headings are listed as a Fonts? To Microsoft - If its not what the average user knows as a font please don't include it in a list of fonts.

I still haven't found where these mysterious entities are defined.

To be honest I have been working with computers since the 1980's,in DOS I wrote letters in WordStar. Over 3 decades later and I still can't get my head fully around word processing and its jargon :-)

Thanks again for your time
Steve