View Single Post

Old 12-16-2016, 06:06 AM
Ahmad Abolnasr Ahmad Abolnasr is offline Windows 8 Office 2010 32bit
Novice

Ahmad Abolnasr is on a distinguished road
Default Outlook is storing read receipts and i need to delete them before being sent

Dears,

I had certain problem with my outlook, and i re-set it. After it downloaded all my inbox, i had more than 5000 message in my inbox and they were all marked as unread. So, i chose the option (Mark all as read). After that, i was surprised that the outlook is sending more than 700 (read receipt) messages (and they were not in the Outbox) !!
I tried to prevent them from being sent by choosing the option (cancel All) in send/receive tab, but this prevents outlook even from receiving messages. So, i refreshed it and instead specifically canceled the task of sending read receipts. However, i realized that outlook do automatic send/receive and start sending those messages again. So, i went to (options, Mail, Tracking, and chose "Never send a receipt message"). What happened then is that Outlook really prevent the remaining read receipts from being sent (it already sent around 200 receipts before i did that action). But, the big problem now is that Outlook also prevents any other message i want to send and they are tapped in my outbox !!

So, currently it seems that the options i have now is either to overflow the inbox of the clients by the read receipts, or to stop using outlook as i can't send any other messages !!

Please advice what can i do.

Many Thanks