View Single Post

Old 11-22-2016, 06:45 PM
Father Father is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2013
Novice

Father is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
When you insert a dropdown formfield into a document, Word gives it a default bookmark name (e.g. Dropdown1). You can see that when you examine the formfield's properties; you can also delete it or change it to something else.
I'm talking about this:
Dept = { FORMDROPDOWN }
{IF{REF Dropdown1 \* MERGEFORMAT}= "HR" "001"}
When the number, in this case 001, is generated by the IF condition, how do you use that number in a calculation/formula? The "001" has no bookmark to use in another formula. What would be the reference?

I tried just using the same formula and adding the calculation into it
{={IF{REF Dropdown1 \* MERGEFORMAT}= "HR" "001"}*(REF UXOQTY1}} but it doesn't work.

In my form I want the N.E.W. (from the selection made in Dropdown UXONomen01) * UXOQTY1 to be calculated and shown in the TOTAL N.E.W.
Since the TOTAL N.E.W. textfield relies on bookmarks to do a calculation (right?), I'm guessing it would have to be done outside of the field's properties.

I'm not sure how else to explain what I'm trying to do here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
Your table does have vertically merged cells. See item 8. Furthermore, the macro isn't designed to work with nested tables, so I don't know how you'll get along with that.
Using this I put the sample into a vertically and horizontally merged table an it still works. Not sure what the difference is between what I'm doing with the sample and my working form.