View Single Post

Old 11-21-2016, 07:35 PM
Father Father is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2013
Novice

Father is on a distinguished road

Crap... so I should have stuck with Form Fields rather than convert everything to Content Controls.

One of the reasons I thought using the content controls would be better is that for drop downs it still allows you to enter other words into the field. Can normal form fields do this as well?

I also did it because some of the information I was putting in normal form fields was getting cut short. That might have been more a result of the table cell size they were on and I was blaming the fields.

So you mentioned that form fields don't work well with content controls. Is that in general terms on or only when you're trying to relate/connect one type with the other?

For my sample, if I use form fields for the calculating fields but left the control control fields for the static information in other parts of form, will it cause problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
As for adding table rows in a document using formfields, see:
https://www.msofficeforums.com/word-vba/13955-macro-add-row-table-word-form.html#post38312
Macros scare the heck out of me... because I'm just not that familiar with coding. But I was able to remove the comments so that each new table has a specific numbered bookmark. VERY NICE!!!