View Single Post

Old 11-08-2016, 12:23 PM
joewoods joewoods is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

joewoods is on a distinguished road
Default Entire Windows folder has disappeared!

Hi there. I am running windows 7. I decided I wanted to try out windows 10 so I tried installing Windows 10 To Go on an external SSD drive. During the Windows 10 installation, my computer froze. I tried reinstalling it again (on the external), and it froze once again so I gave up.

When I restarted and started up Windows 7 which is on my local drive, an entire folder had disappeared. Everything else is there but this one folder (which contains about 200GBs of files). I have searched my hard drive over and over again. I indexed the hard drive and went through the files. My files are not there.

What's weird though is that in My Computer, it says I have 100GB of free space. Technically, with the missing folder deleted I should have 300GB of free space. However, when I select all the folders in my local drive, the total does not include the 200GBs of missing files.

I have tried running DMDE and a bunch of other file recovery tools but my files don't show up. Any ideas on how I can recover this missing folder?