Thread: [Solved] Sanity check
View Single Post

Old 10-31-2016, 08:31 AM
Ulodesk Ulodesk is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Word 2013 Expert Cert

Ulodesk is on a distinguished road
Default Sanity check

The attached doc (renamed and stripped of sensitive content here) came from a client with the first table. Notice the space below the last line of each row. I have stripped the clients styles, but here's what I initially found:

Checking for specific row-spacing and for paragraph spacing, I found that first column was in the Placeholder Autotext style, which might have account for the spacing; the row height box was blue for the table. I cleared it and converted all the text to Normal (Calibri 9, 0/0), but the spacing remained. I went back through, checking individual rows and found that I had to clear the height box again.

I copied the table and pasted it below, then played around with the font sizes as you see. This affects the row height but leaves the extra space.

Wondering if I had gone completely daft, I created a new table below, which behaves perfectly normally, and, of course, copying the top table, pasting unformatted and converting back to a table also removed the problem.

So, is this just some form of a corrupt Word table whose background coding has gotten sufficiently confused to be hiding attributes it is still manifesting, or is there something I have passed over?

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Table.doc (70.5 KB, 11 views)